UPDATED

Canberra man arrested over alleged involvement in Queanbeyan armed robbery

A Canberra man will be extradited from the ACT to NSW over an alleged role in an armed robbery in Queanbeyan last year.

The man, 42, was arrested on Thursday by federal police and appeared before ACT Magistrates Court on Friday, after detectives successfully applied for an extradition request to NSW.

A 42-year-old Canberra man was arrested over his alleged involvement in an armed robbery in Queanbeyan. Picture: NSW Police

A 42-year-old Canberra man was arrested over his alleged involvement in an armed robbery in Queanbeyan. Picture: NSW Police

The man was arrested for an alleged involvement in an armed robbery at Hotel Queanbeyan in November.

Around 12.30am on November 15, the hotel was ram-raided by a ute, believed to have been stolen.

Police say a man got out of the car armed with a gun and fired a shot, before stealing cash.

No was injured in the incident, with the man fleeing the scene in the car.

The ute was later found burnt out nearby.

The damage to Hotel Queanbeyan following an armed robbery at the hotel last November. Picture: Han Nguyen

The damage to Hotel Queanbeyan following an armed robbery at the hotel last November. Picture: Han Nguyen

Following the armed robbery, NSW police launched an investigation as part of Strike Force Corryong, leading to the arrest of the man in Canberra.

A NSW police spokesman said the man would be taken to Queanbeyan police station, where he would assist detectives in their inquiries.

Police have said officers were still seeking a second man over the armed robbery and that investigations were continuing.