What's on in Braidwood
Saturday, August 24
- Braidwood Farmer's Market, from 8.30am, National Theatre, Wallace Street.
Come an support your local producer by buy locally grown and produced seasonal products.
Thursday, August 29
- Braidwood Garden Club bus outing to Willinga Park and Milton.
We will explore, on foot, the sculptures scattered throughout the beautiful garden which is open to the public during the Sculpture on Clyde Festival. We will leave Ryrie Park at 8.45am, visit Willinga Park and have morning tea in the grounds. We will then visit the town of Milton where we will lunch and shop before returning to Braidwood at about 5pm. The cost is $30.00 for the bus, which needs to be paid at Bendigo Bank by Friday, August 23, plus $5.00 cash for entrance to Willinga Park. Bring your own morning tea and lunch or purchase at both venues. All enquiries to John Tuckwell: 0408 625156.
Thursday, September 5
- Braidwood Evening View Club September Meeting, 6:30pm, Braidwood Servicemen's Club
Braidwood Central School's public speaking pupils will be the guest speakers at the September 5 meeting of View Club. This is an annual event and always proves to be very interesting and entertaining. Come along and join us for a home cooked 2 course meal at a cost of $25. Enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Free
- 1st Braidwood Scout Group, Scout Hall, Coghill Street
1st Braidwood Scout Group meets each Thursday night during school terms: Joeys- 5 to 6pm, Cubs- 6.15 to 7.45pm, Scouts- 6 to 8pm, Venturers- 6 to 8pm.For more information contact Mal Campbell on 0429 455 483, email@example.com or www.facebook.com/braidwoodscouts.
- Braidwood Film Club, National Theatre, Wallace Street
Visitors are welcome. Membership fees are $50 per person per year and can be paid to the Treasurer on the night. Program and starting time displayed in the theatre window. Large library of DVDs for members to borrow.Braidwood Film Club, PO Box 402, Braidwood NSW 2622
- Braidwood Life Centre, Community support rooms, Araluen Street
Community support rooms which open every Thursday 10am -12 noon to assist individuals and families who may require support when experiencing hardship or would like to talk to a volunteer and provide info or referral.
- Braidwood Lions Club Meeting
Meets 1st and 3rd Tuesday each month. Fellowship. Growing our community. The activities and projects we become involved with are many and varied - more than just BBQs! Funds raised are re-directed to needy causes in our community. Membership enquires, Secretary, Laurie Ffrench 0408465008
Braidwood Men's Shed, Cowper Street
- A place to gather for men and boys for a chat, a bit of wood-working, and repair work for those who ask. Call: Barry Ribbons, 0412 241 607
- Braidwood Quilters weekly meetings Regular, Braidwood Scout Hall, Coghill Street
For those who share a love for fabric and design. Each Wednesday 10am-4pm. Lesley Horne 0458 605 786
- International Folk Dancing Classes, The Club, Coronation Avenue
International Folk Dancing on Mondays, 9.30-11am, at the club. All welcome, no experience needed. Free. Call Nola, 4842 8004
- Men's Coffee Club weekly gathering, Casanova's Cafe
An informal gathering of men on Thursdays from 10.30am. All men welcome. Coffees/snacks are paid for. For information contact David Avery 48422423 at the Anglican Church office.