The council has extended the deadline for submissions regarding Lascelles Street improvements until January 23.
READ ALSO: Purse string control can be coercive
The QPRC will be undertaking some improvements along Lascelles Street in Braidwood.
- Formalising parking to include 35 spaces which will include two disabled spots in front of the IGA
- Removing and replacing existing trees. The decision to replace the existing trees was made following an arborists report. The design plan shows the proposed location of trees. The proposed species to be planted is a variety of liquidambar
- Extension of the kerb and median at the intersection of Lascelles and Wallace Streets to allow easier crossing of the road
- Rehabilitation of the road surface on Lascelles Street between Wallace and Ryrie Streets
- New footpaths to be constructed along approximately half of Lascelles Street
- New kerb and guttering and improved driveways which will allow for better drainage along Lascelles Street
- New drainage pipe on Wallace Street to be installed which will connect with the existing stormwater - this will assist with drainage on Lascelles Street.
The council would like to hear what you think about:
- The proposed location of the trees which are marked on the design plans
- The species of tree to be planted
- Any treatments you would like to see in the pedestrian islands
You can have your say by:
- completing the online form below
- emailing us as firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject line as Lascelles Street improvements
- writing to us at PO Box 90, Queanbeyan NSW 2620
A plan of the proposed upgrade can also be viewed at QPRC's offices:
- 144 Wallace Street, Braidwood
- 10 Majara Street, Bungendore
- 256 Crawford Street, Queanbeyan