Residents across the Southern Tablelands and Southern Highlands have been urged to get tested and remain vigilant.
The call for more testing has come after three new exposure sites in Goulburn and one in Marulan were identified as venues of concern.
There were only 90 Covid-19 tests conducted at Goulburn Base Hospital on July 21.
Southern NSW Local Health District and Laverty Pathology were contacted for recent test numbers.
Three men who were considered close contacts tested negative to the virus.
As of July 23, there have been zero reported covid-19 positive cases in the Goulburn region.
Covid-19 has been detected in the Bowral sewage treatment plant.
Southern Highlands Division of General Practice spokesman Dr Vince Roche said it was related to the doctor who worked at Campbelltown Hospital and later tested positive.
A spokesperson for South Western Sydney Local Health District said more than 120 people were tested at Bowral and District Hospital on July 22 for Covid-19.
Read also: Australian icon John Cornell dies at 80
Currently, there are two active cases of Covid-19 in the Southern Highlands.
As of July 23, 11 am there have been no venues in the Southern Highlands visited by a covid positive case.
Both the SNSWLHD and SWSLHD has urged anyone feeling unwell even with the mildest of symptoms such as a runny nose, scratchy or sore throat, cough, fever, shortness of breath, headache, tiredness, loss of taste or smell, nausea, diarrhoea or muscle aches - to self-isolate and seek COVID-19 testing.
Read also: Pfizer approved for children aged 12 to 15
Residents eligible for the vaccination are urged to come forward as soon as possible. There are more than 100 NSW vaccination clinics and outreach locations across the state. Check your eligibility at https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility
To help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- If you are unwell, get tested and isolate right away - don't delay.
- Wash your hands regularly. Take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
- Keep your distance. Leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask at indoor venues, especially if you can't physically distance
There are several Covid-19 testing clinics across the Southern Tablelands.
- Goulburn Base Hospital and Health Service 130 Goldsmith St, Goulburn.Entry through the 'old' main entrance at Goulburn Base Hospital. Monday - Friday 9 am - 3 pm. Saturday and Sunday 9 am - 1 pm. Times above reflect extended hours due to increased demand.
- Goulburn drive-through Seiffert Oval, Goulburn. Monday to Friday 8 am - 5 pm. Saturday and Sunday 8 am - 1.30 pm.
- Goulburn Capital Pathology 127 Bourke Street, Goulburn. The rear of 127 Bourke Street enter via McNaught street between Vivid Smiles Dentist and RSM Accountants, follow the street around until the end. Appointments are not required. Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Closed on Saturday and Sunday.
- Crookwell Hospital 19 Kialla Rd, Crookwell. Every Tuesday 9 am - 12 pm
- Yass drive-through clinic 1-3 MacDonald St, Yass. Registration is recommended by calling 1800 318 248 before attending the clinic. Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9 am - 12 pm
- Queanbeyan District Hospital & Health Service 107 Collett St, Queanbeyan NSW. Entry at the rear of the hospital with dedicated parking on Collett Street. No booking is required. To register, call 1800 318 248. Monday to Sunday 9 am - 1 pm
- Queanbeyan Capital Pathology 23 Antill Street, 1st Floor, Queanbeyan. No booking is required, however, registration is recommended by calling 1800 318 248 before attending the clinic. Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 5 pm Saturday 7 am - 12 pm Sunday closed.
- Queanbeyan Laverty Pathology drive-through clinic Queanbeyan Showground carpark Monday to Friday 8 am - 4 pm Saturday and Sunday 8 am - 3 pm
There are two covid-19 testing locations in the Southern Highlands.
- Bowral and District Hospital. Open 8:30 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Appointments are not required. Entry is from Ascot Road.
- Mittagong Respiratory Clinic. Open 8 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Appointments required, call 4800 9032. The clinic is located in the lower level of Mittagong Health Care Centre.
We depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here for the Highlands and here for the Tablelands. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.