A family home on Cowper Street has been destroyed in a fire on Sunday morning. Emergency services received a call at 9:21am. When they arrived at the house smoke and flames were billowing from the front windows.
No one was in the house at the time of the fire.
There has been an unusually high number of house fires recently, with four serious fires in the past year. Phil McGrath, of Fire and Rescue urged people to check their smoke alarms saying, “a working smoke detector is an essential.”
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.