THE Majors Creek Branch of the Country Women's Association celebrates 80 years since its formation on September 7, 1936.
They celebrated with a luncheon at the Majors Creek Hall, the venue where the first meeting in 1936, was held. There were sixteen foundation members including three junior members.
Office bearers elected at that first meeting were: president Mrs C Cleaver; vice presidents Mrs W Wiggins and Mrs J Rankin; secretary Mrs E Dunshea; and treasurer Mrs O Stuart.
The day commenced with members from branches in the Southern Tablelands Group welcomed for morning tea after which they gathered at St Stephens Church for a service of thanksgiving conducted by the Rev Des McGuire.
Later they assembled in the hall which was tastily decorated with memorabilia and the names of foundation members and those of Braidwood branch who attended the first meeting were placed around the wall.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.