The Bureau of Meteorology states a strong cold front will cross south eastern NSW on Saturday, bringing windy conditions to Braidwood and the region.
Damaging winds averaging 60km/h to 70km/h with peak gusts in excess of 90km/h are possible from mid-morning Saturday. Winds are expected to gradually ease on Saturday night.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
- Move vehicles under cover or away from trees
- Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony
- Keep at least eight metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences
Winds are expected to gradually ease on Saturday night.
Report fallen power lines to:
- Ausgrid – 131 388
- Endeavour Energy – 131 003, or
- Essential Energy – 132 080
...as shown on your power bill.
For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your local SES Unit on 132 500.